About IAMC >> Toolkit introduction
The Toolkit provides the chemical industry and consultants of the chemical industry with a practical tools, techniques and documentation (methodological guide & technical resources) to improve the Sound Management of Chemicals* (SMOC) across their company’s products’ value chain while increasing business performance through innovation.
In particular, the Toolkit aims at…
- Improving (chemical) resource productivity
- Reducing pollution intensity, especially chemical waste
- Improving health and safety of society and the environment and reducing risk of accidents
- Eliminating hazardous chemicals/processes or substituting them with safer ones
- Improving business productivity and generating value for customers
- Providing a framework for sustainable innovation
The Toolkit is not intended to set standards. Instead companies are advised to give priority to legal standards, yet if no national legal framework is available, the recommendations provided in this Toolkit can be used.
Even though this Toolkit is intended to help companies to achieve better management of chemicals, it also serves as a practical mean for companies to implement Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM) goals and also shares the goals of the global chemical conventions known as Stockholm, Basel and Rotterdam. See also REACH.